Friday 25 May 2007

A brief ramble


I didn't get around to blogging yesterday, it was such a beautiful day and I was working. If you can call it working! I LOVE my job! Yesterday one of my clients wanted to go out to the beach, so that's what we did, we bought Latte's and cakes and sat on the beach for over an hour, feet playing in the shingle whilst we talked , ate and drank. Therapeuitic for client and for me!!

It was such a beautifully hot day so when I got home I decided it was time I got my Day bed assembled. I'd put up the gazebo the day before , so I just had to get the bed frame out of the shed and re assemble it and get the matress and all the cushions on it, it didn't take me long and soon I was able to make myself a cup of tea , grab my "Wicked" Jilly cooper and stretch myself out on the bed and read for an hour. How decadent is that!!

Update on the field next door. They were there again yesterday, there was lots of sawing and hammering going on. I cannot go and ask them as it would involve walking right through the field, through several gates none of which are the official footpath so I must just bide my time.
But when I walked Beth this morning I could see a dramatic change , a huge panel fence has gone up at the top of the field , this must be to make a clear boundery with the farmer next door. So there must be new owners and they are wanting to protect their investment! I wonder what will happen next, I hope some more horses move in. I'll let you know.

I'm absolutely exhausted today, I spent most of last night sitting in Gatwick Airport!
Evie had been to visit Sophie in Malaga, she was due back at Midnight last night, but she rang to say the plane was delayed by about 2 hours, I thought I'd be able to keep track of the flight on the internet, but all it said was Estimated time of arrival 01.10am, so I made my way to Gatwick, about 40 minutes drive and arrived at 1.30am, The board still said estimated arrival 01.10, that time had been and gone! So I sat and sat, I walked up to WH Smiths and got my Times for Friday, I read it cover to cover, at 2.45am I got some Hot chocolate, and still the plane estimate didn't change, then at 3.00am the notice changed to Expected arrrival time 03.12am, eventually the plane landed, another half hour went by and at last I got a call from Evie, she was waiting for luggage . 3.55am Evie comes through to masin hall.........at last!
We drive home and dawn is breaking, it was a strange sensation watching it get lighter and lighter as we drove home, I got disorientated and kept confusing which road i should be on! Home by 4.50am. Sleep at last! But not for long.....................6.15am Teasmade alarm goes off and day starts all over again!

Mind you, once I'd walked Beth and got Lucy to school I went back to bed listening to Radio London's Joanne Good and then Vanessa until 11.30am, I vaguely dozed , It was so hard to get up but i had a visit to make so had to make the effort.

Evie had had a lovely time with Sophie. Both Martin and Sophie are really well settled in Spain, they love their new life, Soph loves having the swimming pool to use each day and they have work and have made friends. I'm very happy for them.

Early to bed for me tonight!!

15 comments:

Suffolkmum said...

I liked the sound of your job yesterday! Don't like the sound of your night though - I'm hopeless if I have to stay up beyond midnight. Glad you got a doze in. Also glad your daughter is enjoying her new life so much.

Un Peu Loufoque said...

I could do with an hour or two of therapy on a beach do you do trips out to foriegn palces too!

muddyboots said...

gatwick is a nightmare. spent whole morning in departure lounge due to plane fault 3 years ago. horrid.

Chris Stovell said...

Yesterday sounded very decadent - gatwick experience less so!

CAMILLA said...

Hello dear Muddie,
Relaxing on the beach sounds wonderful. Gosh - you must have been so tired arriving back from Airport, glad to know that your daughter and her partner are enjoying their life in Spain, and that they both have jobs, that is marvellous. Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.
Camilla.xx

countrymousie said...

I am so behind with my reading of blogs - just catching up with you again. Glad work seems to be going well and you are getting about. What a saga at the airport, poor old you.
Hope you can rest up this weekend and you get some sun for that day bed, which sounds what we all should have in our garden. Its pouring here - 2.30 Sat - forecast wrong again. Hey ho - love mousie

snailbeachshepherdess said...

Hi muddie I'm just doing a mammoth catch up - 4711 cologne remember it well. Where was the beach you took your client to?Gatwick - dear old Gatwick airport thought they had shut it by now - all you ever hear is manchester or heathrow now

Frances said...

Hello from New York, Elaine.
Thank you so very much for your comments. I did speak to the mother-to-be today and pretty much told her to stay at home, to rest. Not to think of the shop at all. To let her terrific work ethic go to sleep for a while.

That said, it was very busy today, and until the company comes through with a plan B, it will be difficult for us to get by. We don't care, because we just want mom and baby-to-be to be well.

And on that subject, you do sound very well. I hope that you are not over-doing it. Isn't it hard to refrain from doing what you want to do, think that you should (that "should" word is so dangerous.)

I wish all the best to you and your family as they visit all over.

xo

Pondside said...

YOur yesterday afternoon sounded lovely, but your night......I always feel like a zombie after one of those all-nighters! The thrill of a couple of hours of uninterrupted reading fizzles out, along with the allure of airport coffee.
Long, long ago the Great Dane got on a plane for Gatwick and ended up in Prestwick (sp?) - he said that they looked like the same place with teh 'wick' on the end!

Posie said...

Your gazebo and jilly Cooper book sound just the ticket, I love Jilly Cooper have read most of her books. Puts you off flying when you hear of the delays though, don't envy your long wait at the airport.

annakarenin said...

Just caught a glimpse of Hazel O'Conners will you on your favs and you have reminded me how much I love that song but I don't have a copy anymore. I used to have the LP I will endevour to track it down on ebay immediately.
Oh to be in Spain and away from this yuck cold weather. Doesn't help reading about you relaxing in the sun on day beds but it is so damn changeable at the mo.

My mother got caught up in a 9 hour delay comming back off hols recently they are such a pain we tend to drive the thought of being stuck in an airport with our lot urggh no can do.

annakarenin said...

Looked up on ebay and have vague recollection of not being able to find it on CD before it is all LP's. Is it available do you know?

LITTLE BROWN DOG said...

Good to hear the job is working out so well - hope you're getting the hang of the journey, too. Don't envy your long wait at the airport, though!

Exmoorjane said...

Oh yes, curling up with a good book (Jilly is always good value) - totally divine. Do hope you get horses and not anything less pleasant as neighbours...
And airports are like stepping out of time - going into a fugue state....horrid.
Janexxxxx

DJ Kirkby said...

I am exhausted reading your blog never mind living your life! How do you do it all?