Tuesday 22 May 2007

Being Nosey!

If Stan were here I'd be able to tell him, but he's not so I'm telling you instead!

There are people with trucks in the paddock next door! "So What!" I hear you say, Well it's means something is happening.

Nothing has happened for months and months. The Meadow next door has been quietly growing away and no body has taken any interest . Now suddenly there are men moving posts and something is going to happen. Just me being nosey, but I want to know what??

I'll take you back to September. There used to be 3 horses living together in the meadow, 2 in one section and one in the other. The one on his own was a big brute , bit of a bully, used to chase Beth and I through the field, he didn't get on with the other 2 horses so was always separate. I vaguely knew the woman who owned the field, she had a little girl, they used to go past on a trike, mum riding and pulling the child in one of those carriages, we'd say "hello" in passing but that was it. They had erected children 's play equipment at the top end of the field so the girl could play whilst the woman cleaned stables and groomed etc.

One day I was walking through the field on the Footpath and I could see a Big Party going on at the top end, lots of people, BBQ lots of laughing and a good time was being enjoyed.

A few days later the horses were gone, at first i thought she had just taken them to graze elsewhere because the long hot summer had made the grass die and there was no grazing left. But as the weeks went by I realised the horses were not coming back. Where had they gone? Where was the woman and the child? I still don't know.
The play equipment was removed. Some additional posts went up in the field and suddenly in December a "For Sale" sign went up for 6 acres and stabling yard. It wasn't up for long, we went to Florida for a week and when we returned the Sale sign had gone. I don't know if the field sold or not. Nothing happened and still nothing. I'd got used to the field being empty, I let Beth run around in it.

But now today there are people and something is about to happen. And I want to know what?
Nosey aren't I??

7 comments:

Suffolkmum said...

Not nosey at all - just intriguing! Do let us know ...

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Oh no not nosey - I would want to know . . .I would have been over there asking the men moving the posts.

muddyboots said...

what sort of poles?

Wizzard said...

I would be very nosey too. Yes, get asking the men - they always like chatting to women!

Milkmaid said...

I agree just ask them, they are websites you can go on to find out about property sales, but it's usually a long time after the sale, quicker to ask

Eden said...

very intriguing goings on. I'd be curious too. Look forward to the next installment.

Kitty said...

Now I want to know too, you'll have to do some investigating!