Monday 14 May 2007

A few lines from me............


It's not been a good doggy day!

When I take beth for her walk in the mornings there are 2 ways of entering the paddock, one though our wood and the other along the road and up the side of the field. If we go through the wood , which we invariably do we make enough noise for the rabbits to run and hide and make their escape under the gate back into the safety of the wood, if we go the other way rabbits do not hear us and then get trapped in the field. This is what happened this morning, Baby rabbit in field Beth gives chase and catches, you've heard that story before. I've come to get used to it but still don't like it, especially when she is crunching on bones, yukky! But it also wastes valuable time, that I can ill afford in the morning when I have to get Lucy ready for school .


So by the time Beth has finished her breakfast there is no time for a long walk only a run around the field. Back home, took Lucy to school and then went off to see a client.


Three hours later I arrive home, I open the front door, strangely quiet, Beth usually runs to meet me, getting all excited. Where was she??

I walk to the foot of the stairs....................there she is, she creeps out , ears down, looking very sorry for her self................What has she done? I go around the upstairs rooms I cannot see anything amiss. Back downstairs, into the Sitting Room and there it is...........runny Poo on the carpet! No wonder she was looking so worried. Such a bad girl. I don't say anything I just clear it up, take her in the garden and give her the silent treatment. She skulks in the utility for a while, then I go and give her a pat, I can't be cross for long, she is in season ithink this upsets her tummy. Or was it the rabbit?

9 comments:

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Oh yuckety buckety and that from a woman who has spent the day shovelling S~~~ in the chicken house and emptying cat litter trays!

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Oh dear . . . . my JRT once killed one of my ducks . . we had words . . . now he only ever plays with stones - which he rolls and chases and licks all day if he can. He leaves my chickens alone and pretends he can't see the ducks. Rabbits he will run after, but never catches. Yuk to the poo as well. Sometimes the deer stalkers will leave the guts of the deer just lying in the ditches - really disgusting and thoughtless . . dogs eat the entrails and you guessed it . . . runny poos.

muddyboots said...

ah, doggy poo & guilty dogs. how do they know?

Posie said...

Poor you, hate it when that happens. She is a lvely looking dog though, bet you have forgiven her now.

countrymousie said...

Oh she is poorly - they know when they do something they shouldnt dont they - i had to mention poo again today - I know how she feels!! love mousie

Suffolkmum said...

Oh dear, runny poo and a folorn dog, not a good combination!

CAMILLA said...

Hello Muddie,
I think it could be the rabbit, but probably combination of both.
Have not been able to find Taxidermist lady in Reepham, but I will keep trying. Will let you know.
Camilla.xx

Pondside said...

Nasty, nasty discovery on the carpet. Poor you, poor doggy. I vote for the rabbit-induced poo.

Inthemud said...

All seems to be well this morning, but I'm off out to Brighton (again)so I hope there will be no nasty surprises on my return later!