Friday 8 February 2008

Morning Glory

Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word
Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass
Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day



What a glorious morning it is out there today! West Sussex is sunny and bright and the birds are feeling excited , they are singing loud and clear.



As I stood by the back door I could see the sun shining through the trees and the sprectrum of light giving a specticle of rays, lighting up the dust and mistiness. I had hoped the above photo would be able to portray the beauty of what I could see, but it is no where near as impressive in the photo sadly.



Just as I stood there looking at the sky I could see an aeroplane going over and it's misty passage across the sky was shining bright against the blueness, another plane had left a trail going the other way. I can't remember when the sky was last so blue. Must be way back in October now.



I didn't feel at all well yesterday, I have no idea why. I woke with a bad head and then I felt nauseous for the whole day, which was very annoying, having been feeling so good since the operation. Somehow, I think maybe yesterday was nothing to do with the op, but was a viral thingy. So I lay very still for most of the day and dearest Lucy cooked dinner for the 2 of us. She did me Fish Fingers , Chips and beans, real nursey supper and it was lovely! Stan was away in his lorry and will not be home until tonight.

So I had the TV to myself and enjoyed the great plessure of watching "Waterloo Road " and the new "Ashes to Ashes" on my own with the log fire roaring away. Anyone else see Ashes to Ashes? What did you think? I'd been a great fan of "Life on Mars", felt it was a clever new concept, this new version is sadly lacking, they are trying to repeat what they had but this is quite weird. I will watch , I will enjoy it for what it is, but it's not John Simm.

I'm waiting for Waitrose to deliver my shopping. Not being able to drive this week, I thought I know I'll get Tesco's to deliver, I tend to be a Tesco Shopper, but could I get registered , no I could not, several times over 2 days i tried, and it kept coming up with "Sorry, Error, technical problems , cannot register your details, try again later".................. I did , to no avail.

So I went back to Waitrose, whom I've used before and they remembered me down to every last item I'd ordered way back in 2004, so I made my selections and it is all coming this morning. Just costs a wee bit more than Tescos, but I did manage to find a £15 off voucher on google!

Oh well, Back to watching "Homes under the hammer", they're in Norwich, so I must watch!

8 comments:

Zoƫ said...

Same day here Muddie, the blackbirds are really living up to the hymn.

Tis like spring :o)

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit under the weather, hope you feel much better soon xx

DJ Kirkby said...

Ooooh great excuse to use Waitrose home delivery instead of Tescos...must remember that as I much prefer Waitrose.

Casdok said...

A blue sky can do wonders! Glad to hear you are being waited on!!

Norma Murray said...

Hey take care. I'm sorry to hear you are poorly. I hope you are better today. It's a lovely day again. I've just walked back from the village and everyone I met was smiling.
I know what you mean about online shopping. My daughter in law tried it and actually order a whole box of bananas instead of just a bunch. It was a MASSIVE amount. My son has never let her live it down.

Mary said...

Oh my, how lovely your blue sky looks! We are getting a mix of snow and rain here in New Jersey, USA right now, so your pics look glorious!
xoxo,
Mary

Fennie said...

Hope you're feeling better now Muddie.

Yes, the weather is wonderful, sn't it? I call this time the 'false spring' because always from about 10 - 20 February the sunshines and you think Spring has arrived and then the weather turns back to gold, gales, rain and what not and you freeze again under an easterly wind until mid-May.

Cait O'Connor said...

I was ill like you on Friday, I thought it was a migraine but it could have been a virus.
Wish we could have online shopping, our part of Wales is too remote but Tesco is coming apparently.
This weather is meant to continue tomorrow, isn't it great?

CAMILLA said...

Sorry I missed this post Muddie,

A terribly cold day here today in Norfolk, Minus 6.

Hope you are having a lovely rest, and are feeling much better.

Son always shops at Tesco's, and Daughter does too. I always used to shop at Safeways in Fakenham, but now changed to Morrisons, not happy with theirs, so will now be doing at Tesco's or Waitrose.

Camilla.xx