Sunday 10 February 2008

Book Meme Tag

This one is a Book Meme, and I've been tagged by Mary at the Dear Little Red House! It sounds like fun, so here goes:
Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.
Drum roll, please...

I've picked up : MAEVE BINCHY's SCARLET FEATHER

This is page 123
I found The fifth sentence which says:
" Absolutely not,I think we'll end it like this; we can't expect to think that you'd ask me to give up my whole life's work and dream anymore than I would ever expect you to. Was it something like that?"
The following 3 sentences:
"It needs a lot more though and discussion," he said
"You're right, " she said and they went to bed, where they slept so far from each other that not even a toe touched, and cathy pretended to be asleep when he left Waterview early next morning having totally ignored his promise to take the twins to school.

If you haven't read this book, you must , it is a joy to read. Full of love, heartbreak and laughter set in Ireland .

Now I have to tag 5 other people.
Just to change the rules slightly I will say that if you have arrived here at my blog you are duly tagged.
Well, that worked for three of you, but as we are into a new day now I am going to tag 2 others........wait for it .........
Lampworkbeader
CamillaIt's a fun one! Enjoy!

7 comments:

Cait O'Connor said...

Oh dear I have been tagged, I am the first so can't get out of it. Just wanted to say I read Scarlet Feather a long time ago as I am a Maeve Binchy fan.

Zoƫ said...

Now this is where honesty comes in .... if I pretend I didn't visit, I won't sleep for worrying! How daft is that!

DJ Kirkby said...

Oh dear I seem to have been tagged! I came to say I've given you an award and Cait and Zoe, while you are here I may as well tell you that I have one for both of you a week from now(yes I do my posts that far in advance)

Casdok said...

Dj, you are organised!!!
Oh sorry, great meme!! :)

CAMILLA said...

Thanks for the Tag Muddie, sounds like fun indeed. I have not read Maeve Binchy, thank you for telling us about the book, I will put this on my next book order list.

Camilla.xx

Inthemud said...

I love all Maeve Binchy's books, she has such a wonderful way with words and so Irish, which i adore!

Kathleen said...

WHAT?! I've been tagged? So sneaky ITM, so sneaky! Okay, I'm up for it. I'll be posting on my blog...the Book MEME.