Tuesday 5 June 2007

Do not be distracted!


Also Los! Let's go! I have come straight here today, I have not dallied in CCW or been distracted by any other blogs, I am determined that today I will catch up on my blog. This is well over a week late now, so how much I can remember of the past 8 days I'm not sure, it's all a bit of a blur!

I am feeling a tad uneasy today, something strange happened this morning. I turned on my work mobile and found I had a message from the Director's Secretary. She said that the Director wanted to see me in the Boardroom at 2.30pm tomorrow, she left no explanation. This is unpresidented. The Director never asks to see anyone at such short notice , we always plan meeting well in advance and have a agenda. I was feeling quite concerned as I phoned the secretary back. I asked if she knew the nature of the meeting, she said she couldn't tell me anything. Ohmigod! Is this going to be like The Apprentice, " Elaine , You're Fired!"?

Then the secretary said " You've done nothing wrong, please don't worry" But I am worrying and I will continue to worry until I see him tomorrow. I will let you know what happens.


Back to last week "The trip to Norfolk"

The journey did not get off to a good start. I had decided to drive Stan's Merc as it is automatic. First thing that morning Stan went out to get his newspaper and decided to give the Merc a warm up. It wouldn't start, the battery was flat, he hadn't driven it for over a week. So he jump started it and went off. All was well. Though I was a bit dubious, Stan said it would be fine. So I loaded up the car, Lucy, Beth & I set off. I needed to stop for petrol, which I did at our local Tesco's, that was ok, car started again, I moved across to the main car park and ran in to get some flowers to take to Mum, (Yes, I know I'm a cheapskate, but they do do some lovely bouquets and until M&S they were there ready to deliver!)
Back to the car, I turned the key, nothing, I tried again , nothing..................Battery was flat again! I rang Stan as it was only 5 miles from home. I told him to bring my car and the jump leads. Stan arrived. The car battery was dead, so he swapped it for another and then jumped it. It started ok, but I was too nervous now to take it all the way to Norfolk, so we swapped cars, got all our luggage and the dog and put them in my Peogeout and off we went. Stan took the Merc home, it was still playing up over next few days, now he thinks it might be the starter motor. I hadn't really wanted to drive 180 miles in my manual car as it hurts my arm a bit, but It was for the best.

Those of you who believe in Guardian Angels, I think mine was watching over me. I don't normally stop at Tesco's for flowers I usually get them near Ipswich, but something told me to stop again and go into Tesco's shop and get the flowers and that prevented me from breaking down miles away from home and having to get the AA and be worrying all week.

On another occasion my Guardian Angel got me to Norfolk for my Uncle 's funeral in a car with a broken gear box, All the way there it grated unless in 5th gear, couldn't get first or second but I got all the way home too, with it grating and grinding but it kept going, till I got into the drive. When Stan came home and started it he said the gear box was totally smashed and the car wouldn't move again, it had to be transported for repair! What do you think of that!

It was lovely to see my parents, they were so relieved to see me looking so good. They had not seen me since february before my operation. They'd had all that worry about me but were unable to do anything to help, except prayer but that did a lot of good.

Lucy had a great time playing with her cousins. Christy is exactley the same age, so they get on brilliantly, then there is Rory who is 12 and Ryan who is 15.

Last year my sister moved house in land from the sea. She now has a place in Smallburgh, next to Dilham where my parents live. It's about 5 miles from Wroxham. If anyone has been on holidays on the Broads you will have probably heard of Wroxham. There is one massive department store covering the whole village on differing site. It's called Roys of Wroxham! Anyone know it!?

My sister still has her bungalow by the sea at Walcott, she now lets it out for holidays and has been inundated all year. Perfect location, only 100 m from the sea front.

At her new house she has had a conservatory built, which is huge and looks lovely. My sister is a great gardener , she loves her plants and has cery green fingers, so she is making her new garden look splendid, though the recent rains had rather spoilt some areas, her Arum Lilies have collasped to the ground sadly and areas of grass were flooded.

When they moved in they inherited a pair of hens. The owners wants to get a new flock so Ali happily took over the 2 old birds. They 've been doing well, 1-2 eggs most days and just recently one hen became broody and Ali found a friend of hers had somne fertile eggs, so the hen sat on the 3 eggs and whilst we were there ythe first chick hatched, over the next couple of days the other 2 hatched as well. Lucy & christy were so excited!

I feel I must stop now as I know long blogs get difficult to read, so till next time Au revoir!

7 comments:

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Its no good I am now going to spend the afternoon fretting about what the Director wants. I vote we torture the secretary as she obviously knows and won't tell. I know it won't help but it might fill in the time between today and tomorrow!

countrymousie said...

I know all these places of course -maternal side comes from Norfolk. I seem to spend a lot of time at tesco Ipswich also!!
Spooky when you hear someone on this site talk of places just down the road at it were. Roys of Wroxham is a force to be reckoned with isnt it. We sometimes just wizz off to Cromer or Wells to give the sporty jobbie a run, and come home via the Broads.
I discovered that Pondside knows the place in Florida where we spend our holidays - it is such a small small world.

Bluestocking Mum said...

Don't you be worried-you cant possibly have done anything wrong-you are far too good a person!!
Imagine what is the worst it could be? Right, now you have faced it, distract yourself, read blogs, read and try and get straight to sleep and not fret!

I am a terrible worrier-am good at giving other people advice!! But I am sure it will be fine. Let us know.

warm wishes
xx

bradan said...

Oh yes Elaine, I know Roys of Wroxham! My uncle had a boat on the Norfolk Broads for many years. It was called Iona and he kept it at Potter Heigham. We had many lovely holidays there.

Suffolkmum said...

I know Roys! We have one here in Bury! I'm sure tomorrow is nothing to be worried about, but I'd be the same way.

CAMILLA said...

Hello dear Muddie,
I have had many breakdowns in cars too numerous to mention, and it is a nightmare when it happens. When I worked night shifts on the ward at a hospital 17 miles away on lonely country roads, I hated it. Luckily now, I seem to have a car that (touch wood) I have been very lucky with. I can understand how you must have been feeling Muddie. So glad you enjoyed the break in Norfolk, and that you were able to meet up with your family. Perhaps we will have that coffee one day. I shall be thinking of you at work, perhaps you will be promoted, let us know how you get on. Warm Wishes.
Camilla.xx

Pondside said...

Sweet chicks!! Thanks for the note today - my Lillypad is 20 - but she's my baby!!!...although now very mature!