Sunday 4 May 2008

A walk in the Bluebells


(I'm the one on the right)

The Saturday before last was the most glorious day. Probably the warmest day we'd had this year. This was just too good to be true because it was the day I had invited my old colleagues to over for lunch and to go for a Bluebell Walk. It rained right up to Friday and it rained again on Sunday and much of the rest of the week, but Saturday was fine. I couldn't beleive my luck.

I made lots of Parsnip and Carrot with Cumin soup, using orange carrots not purple ones!!! I also did a batch of Tomato and Harissa soup. My friends brought lots of yummy puddings and nibbles.

I had half expected to have to be sitting in doors huddled around the log fire, but No, we were able to sit out doors all afternoon, in Tee shirts and wearing sun glasses!!

The food all went down well and then we set off on our walk. Out through my Bluebell wood across the fields to another bigger Bluebell wood, where we were met with swathes of nodding Bluebells. It always gives me such a feeling of joy and peace to see these beautiful flowers.










The Bluebells were looking stunning, a beautiful carpet of blue hue spreadthrough the woods.

After the walk we returned for more Tea and lots of naughty cakes.
A wonderful afternoon spent with special friends.

8 comments:

Faith said...

That's lovely Muddie, always good to catch up with old friends, and I'm very much looking forward to our bluebell walk. I've never been to Hatchlands though its so close to me.

Inthemud said...

I have been once Faith, but never at Bluebell time, so realy looking forward to it!!

Pondside said...

I have been reading about bluebells woods on several blogs, but had no idea that it really meant a woodland area full of bluebells! (duh?) How beautiful! We don't have anything at all like that over here. What a treat!

Frances said...

Elaine, thank you so much for posting this. The bluebells are spectacular! It's hard for me to believe that such a magical place exists every spring.

I can imagine what fun you had with your friends, particularly since the weather smiled on that day.

xo

Sally Townsend said...

A walk in a wood filled with bluebells and naughty cakes afterwards, what more could you wish for ?

Elizabethd said...

That leaves me gasping with envy! Bluebells are so scarce in this part of France, though this year there seem to have been a few around. But, oh, those walks in a Bluebell wood......thank you for those photos.

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Oh what a lovely way to spend time with friends walking through a bluebell wood. Magical.

CAMILLA said...

So pleased that you had an enjoyable day walking through the Bluebell Woods with friends, I adore Bluebells. Lovely photo's Muddie too, thank you for sharing with us.

Camilla.xx