Monday 3 March 2008

Mother's Day



Mother's Day began with Breakfast in Bed. I knew something was up when Stan started quizzing me about what time I was going out with the dogs and when I said just after 7am, that seemed to confuse him, but I go out earlier now the mornings are lighter.

So I went out and when I got back Lucy was up, unheard of on a Sunday Morning! I did my usual after feeding animals, made more cups of tea and went back to join Stan in bed. Around 8am Lucy marches in with a tray full of breakfast things, a bowl of cereal, piece of toast and orange juice, how lovely is that!

So I sat in bed enjoying my breakfast, whilst Stan looked on longingly! I did give him a piece of toast!
Then I had to get up and make his breakfast,, rather defeats the object, but that is the Sunday routine, I cook scambled eggs and fried tomatoes for Stan and do a pot of fresh coffee. The I rush off to Church with Lucy.

Mother's Day at Church is always an enjoyable affair. All Women are given a Primula in a pot, I managed to get 2 which was nice.

Back home all my daughters are now up and they sit me down and then produce thier gifts and cards for me. I was so touched. They had put such a lot of thought into finding things they knew I 'd like.
If you look above you'll see the photo with all the pressies on it.
Lucy gave me the lovely cream jug, which matches the cream kitchen tins I have for Cakes, bread, tea, coffee , sugar etc.
Bex gave me 2 mugs, one which is for breast cancer charity and the other because she liked it and it says "from your little girl" she's not so little now at almost 18! There was a matching fridge magent too.
Em's present 2 beautiful planters from Past Times where she was working up until New year. That shop has since closed and she is now working elsewhere, but I gained a few delightful things from her time working there.


I feel very fortunate to have 3 beautiful daughters whom I love enornmously.
Yesterday was Mother's Day and it was such a joy to have all three here at the same time.
Unfortunately, poor Em is unwell, the GP thinks she has Mumps, which is not good, particularly worrying for her boyfriend. So Em came home on Friday and is still here now. Her poor face very swollen on one side. It was a lump on the side of her face that gave the clue to the GP that it was Mumps , as she said it was an inflammed saliva gland, but it takes a week for the saliva test to come back. One side has gone down but the other side is now swollen. She's had all her MMR jabs so hopefully this is just a mild dose, if that is what it is.



Lucy took this photo when we came back from our afternoon dog walk.

I hope other Mum's had an enjoyable day too.

12 comments:

Casdok said...

Glad you had a lovely Mothers Day - you deserve it.
Thank you for doing a post for me today and thank you for being you.

Elizabethd said...

What a nice Mothers Day that was.
Hope your daughter is getting over the illness.

bionicwoman said...

That sounds a really lovely Mother's Day!
Thanks for your very insightful comment on my blog. All very new to this blogging lark!
I'm glad you're keeping well at the moment.
You're so right about keeping positive and living for the day!

Zoƫ said...

Really glad you had such a lovely day, too often Mum's are taken forgranted. The Daffodils look like Ice follies, one of my favourites.

I read your guest bit on Casdok's blog, I am really glad she had you to battle for her too. I know just from having a statemented child how hard it can be to get the right help in far less difficult circumstances.

Norma Murray said...

Sounds like a lovely day with your daughters. I read you guest blog with real interest. I've such admiration for you, and all social workers who stay the course. It cn be such a demanding and unrewarding job.

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Oh dear I did laugh that you had breakfast in bed but then had to get up to cook Stan's . . . but it does sound as though you had a wonderful day and were spoiled with love and presents - as you should have been.

Poor Em does she feel rotten with it as well . . . still Spring is in the air which will lift her spirits and help her to recover.

Cait O'Connor said...

What lovely daughters you have, I'm glad you had a lovely Mother's Day as well. I read your blog on Casdok's page, it was excellent. Hope Em feels better soon.

Woozle1967 said...

Great blog, Muddie - you have such a lovely family. Caught up with your barn owl blog too - 2 of them, you lucky thing!x

Frances said...

Beautiful Mom, beatiful daughters, and a husband who knows how to wait in the queue for the delicious Sunday breakfast that you will prepare.
Really lovely picture of your family on Mother's Day.
xo

DJ Kirkby said...

Sounds like a lovely day! Hope Em gets well soon, the mumps are nasty at any age but esp as an adult.

LITTLE BROWN DOG said...

Sounds like a lovely mothers' day, and one richly deserved. I think if I had stayed in bed waiting for my breakfast to appear, I'd still be there now... (hey - there's an idea, perhaps?) I guess some people just show their appreciation in different ways.

LBD xx

CAMILLA said...

So pleased that you enjoyed Mother's Day, and how lovely to have spent it with your three darling daughters.

What beautiful gifts you received, I remember buying lots of things from Past Times, not sure if the one in Norwich is closed too.

A lovely blog Elaine, especially liked the picture of gifts too.

Camilla.xx