Sunday 23 September 2007

The things I do for love!


Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, I still have not purchased a digital camera. My dad gave me money for my brthday to do just that but I haven't had opportunity yet to go out and buy one.



If I had I would be able to post a photo of me which would probably shock you as I'm currently sporting a very bruised fat lip.



I'm very conscious of the fact that people probably think I have been the victim of domestic violence. Everyone I meet looks at it and then looks away, but they politely do not mention it, so in the end I feel I should explain.



But the explanation is so unbelievable, you won't believe how I did it!



I will start at the very beginning, Stan has a very strange liking for Cat's eyes, as well as a huge love of all types of cars, vans and lorries.

Over the years he has collected a few old cat's eyes which stand proudly on the fireplace hearth, some of the eyes are red, some green, some white. It seems a harmless hobby.

However, I saw an old cat's eye on top of a bollard at the end of the road and my first thought was, "I must try to retrieve that for Stan". It wasn't possible then as the road was busy, but that evening after I had collected Lucy from her After school club i drove to the bottom of the road and it was still there, there were no cars behind or in front of me, so i said to lucy, " You just jump out and get the cat's eye" , would she do it? No she wouldn't, so i threw the car door open and made a dash for the bollard, I caught my chin and lip on the top of the car door, bang, I grabbed the cat's eye, felt my chin and the pain just flooded through me, blood was running down my chin. What a mess! I drove home with one hand holding a tissue to my face and the other holding the wheel and doing everything else.

When I looked in the mirror I was shocked, my lip had grown enormous and had gone very purple and there was a nasty gash in the skin and it wouldn't stop bleeding for ages.

Stan was delighted with the cat's eye and was highly amused by my actions.
Why do I do these things?!

After several doses of Arnica the bruising has gone down, I won't be quite so keen to rush off after cat's eyes in future!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! I hope the cats eye is well appreciated! I had a fat lip a few weeks ago after fainting on the bathroom floor, I know those looks of pity well! I'm sure people thought I'd been punched in the mouth!

Anonymous said...

You have answered your question in the title of your blog! It's amazing just what lengths we will go to in order to please our loved ones! Hope you're okay. Take care.

Crystal xx

Casdok said...

Yeah yeah! Thats a good one!
So you wont be doing a frontal for WW?!

Tattieweasle said...

OW!!!!!! As CJ said the lengths we go! Hope it gets better soon - Granny Sue always said eat bananas to help with bruising - something to do with potassium.....????

Elizabethd said...

That hurts!

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

OOOoooooo no that made me go cold all over. Oh poor you - I do hope the pain has eased. Yes I know those looks . . . I once asked HS to throw me the tin of deodorant. He did and it caught me on the cheek bone - instand bruise and pitying looks . .

Milkmaid said...

I hope you got sympathy as well as laughed at, what started this thing with cats eyes? seems a strange one, aren't they usually attached to a piece of road?

Suffolkmum said...

Ouch! Poor you. Hmm, cat's eyes? Well, each to his own - and I guess it's USUALLY harmless?!!

Chris Stovell said...

Ouch!

muddyboots said...

eck! funny but nasty.

CAMILLA said...

Goodness Muddie, how awful for you, and it could have been worse, even so, fat lip sounds painful enough. Have never heard of Cat's Eyes being collected before, where does Stan put them all?

Camilla.xx

Posie said...

Ouch...our librarian was sporting a big gash at the top of his nose, he said he bashed into a chair moving furniture...but he said no one believes him!! Hope you heal quickly.

Woozle1967 said...

I SO know that feeling! I belted my head on the corner of a kitchen cupboard door (I'd lazily left open!) and had a wopper at the top of my nose and in the corner of my eye. I kept explaining to everyone how I did it because I was so mortified that they'd think it was J!x

Ivy said...

Ouch that must have been painfull. I hope he apreceiates what you did for him. As you know I am new to tis site but I remember you well from the CL site and all the scares you had to go through regarding your health. I am so glad that you are recovering so well.(appart from that naty accident)

DJ Kirkby said...

Yeowch! You poor woman!