Monday 23 April 2007

Life in the mud- On the road again!

Hello, I'm so glad I've found you all again!!
So pleased to see that brownmouse has found us all too after her quiet time.

Well, the exciting news is that I am back behind the wheel.
On Friday I took my first tentative spin in the car, I'm using hubby's old Mercedes coupe which is automatic, I don't think I could quite cope with gear lever just yet. But this car is perfect, it's a comfy old car makes you feel like you are sitting on a sofa and it has such manners, do you know when you turn the engine on it actually has a mechanism for passing you the seat belt!! Isn't that amazing and perfect for me as I cannot stretch back very far.
I drove myself to the large village , where I managed to park safely and went and did a few errands, it felt so good to be out on my own, I mooched around the little shops and went in the charity shops and ended up buying a very pretty old china coffee pot, of no value but it reminded me of blogging because it was covered in pretty purple violets, so I had to have it!
After that I didn't want to go straight home so I called in at the Little Chef, where Evie was on duty and I had a cup of tea and a toasted tea cake. I just wanted her to see I was out and about!
Evie has gone back to Uni now so I am very much more on my own with regard to getting household tasks done. I can do most things, except lugging the Dyson about, it's just too heavy!

It has been a lovely weekend, I was able to take Sophie and Lucy shopping on Saturday as well as taking Lucy to her riding lesson, we had a big Roast dinner for Evie sat night and then she went back to Southampton. I rested a bit more on Sunday , watching "Bride & Prejudice" in the afternoon and then we did a BBQ in the evening.

Today, will be a good day and very apt for this site!! My friend who is putting on The Chocolate Show at the NEC is coming for lunch. I'm hoping she will be bringing more chocolate like she sent me before my operation, the scrummy Tahitian Pearls, as I'm all out of chocolate at present!! She now has the website up and running for any of you interested in chocolate, everyone?? thought so!! It's a very simple address: www.chocshow.com. The event is to take place in February 2008 now, perhaps we could have a special meet up there!!

I haven't mastered how to do photos yet as when i was signing on to photo part of site I had a power cut and lost every thing, so that will have to wait to another time.

Have a good day ! I'll go now and post this and read a few blogs.
Warmest Wishes dear friends,
Muddie x

13 comments:

toady said...

Brilliant Muddie, driving again, I wish I could get my nerve back. How cool is that, a friend 'in' chocolate, I'm impressed. ToadyXX

Blossomcottage said...

So glad to see you on this site and look forward to hearing more about the return to good health. Blossom

Louise Vaan said...

Get you, in your big posh car! So glad you're out and about again - it must be so nice to have some independence back.

The chocolate show??? Very excited - going to check it out now...

xx

muddyboots said...

driving in style eh, glad you like the photos, wath that space

countrymousie said...

Lovely to see you and well done with the driving - and a chocolate friend. Things are certainly looking up for you - well for us all now we have found this wonderful site. xx

Woozle1967 said...

Nothing can beat that thrill of independence being able to get behind the wheel can bring, can it? So glad you are getting back to normal living again and am very jealous of chocolate friend! Much love.x

Pondside said...

Good to see you here in your lovely car! Thanks for the comment on my blog - I've changed the background and will probably continue to do so until I get it right. Imagine having a friend who is doing a Chocolate Show!!!!!

Pipany said...

Lovely to see your blogs again, Muddie. Chocolate, films and teacakes all on one page. Bliss! x

Frances said...

Hello Elaine,
Isn't it fun to keep welcoming more and more friends?
Glad to hear your mending continues.
xo
Frances

Withy Brook said...

Lovely to read your blog. I have been wondering since I came home from my hols how you really were.

So glad to hear that you do not have to have chemo. I know how you feel being back at the wheel. I've had two bits of steel and plastic instead of my hips remember the first time out on my own well. (Not that my operations were anything as bad as yours)

I was on La Gomera, Canary Islands when you were cut about, but I thought of you on the Thursday that I thought it happened. Sent up a little prayer. Take great care - very boring but you'll get back to normal quicker.

Pleeese pass the Tahitian Pearls.
Luv Rho

Kitty said...

I can't believe there's a chocolate show - can I start queueing now? See you there! How lucky to be friends with the organiser. Good to hear you're getting better and better.

Un Peu Loufoque said...

So did you enjoy bride and predjudice? Hope so.. DON'T DO TOOO MUCH! Definatley no hoovering!

CAMILLA said...

Glad to hear you are doing well Muddie.Pleased for you that you are back behind the wheel again. I have an automatic, once driven I think most people say that they would not go back to manuals. A friend in chocolate, how wonderful is that!! Thank you for that info Muddie, will check it out.Camilla.xxx