Saturday 6 October 2007

Lucy's Birthday



Lucy turned 11 on Thursday, and this year our new Head Teacher made a new school rule- a good one not a bad one!
Each child is allowed to wear their own clothes on their birthday, or if the birthday is at the weekend on the nearest school day.

So this caused much excitement for Lucy, but choosing what to wear was not so easy, she was up in her room for ages, picking clothes out of the wardrobe, trying on, discarding to the floor and trying again! In the end she went with a smock top and leggings and she looked lovely.

It's a nice rule as the Birthday Girl/Boy gets lots of positive attention throughout the day. When I went to collect lucy she was positively beaming, she had had such a fun day .

Her main present was a Karaoke Machine.....(getting it was a challenge, the first machine i brought home, which Lucy opened for her birthday was minus the CD , so i had to traipse back to Argos lugging the old one and get them to replace it and lugg it back again, not easy as quite big and heavy) .......HELP!! She hasn't stopped singing since she got it! She's in the bedroom just above me now and I can hear her warbling away! Actually she's not too bad! She aspires to be on X Factor in 4 years time I think!!

This evening Lucy is having a disco with her school friends to celebrate her birthday in style. So I've been frantically preparing food and getting organised. I 'm not really sure what to expect of a disco with 20 11 year olds, but the man running disco is ex police so he should be able to contain their excitement!!

I'll tell you how it goes next time I write.

Some of you will remember that we got flooded in the storms in July, well I was expecting the builders to come on Monday to start the replastering, but i received a call today saying they were running behind with the previous job and wouldn't be with us until Wednesday. Quite relieved really as it gives me longer to prepare the room, take the curtains down and move the furntiure etc. And I still haven't got the estimate for the floor tiling yet , but I'm assured it is being done . The room might be ready for Christmas!!

12 comments:

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Oh a big Happy Birthday to Lucy . . . I shall look out for on X - factor - of which I am a big fan.

I do hope the party is a success.

Good idea to allow the birthday person to wear their own clothes - gawd imagine what it would be like though if there was no uniform . . .

Casdok said...

Happy birthday Lucy!! Wow cant believe your 11!!!

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday to Lucy. Great birthday presy. Bet she has hours of fun with it.

You probably won't read this until after the party now so I hope it went well.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Crystal xx

Hannah Velten said...

Ohhh, good luck with the disco - could get kinda rowdy! By the way, I'm showing my age here, but what on earth is a smoke top (sounds like something I should know about)...

Sorry to hear that you got caught up in the floods (was before my time of joining Purplecoo) - fingers very tightly crossed that you have your house sorted for Xmas...Mootia x

Norma Murray said...

Oooh! 20x 11 year olds and all at a party. Sounds like fun? I hope it all went well.

Frances said...

Happy birthday to Lucy!
You lucky girl to have your own sing a long!

Muddie, you continue to amaze me with how you are just gallopping along with life.

Not in the mud at all.

xo

Inthemud said...

Hannah, glad to see you're reading carefully!! Sorry it's my spellings, i didn't mean "smoke top" but "smock top"!I get carried away with my typing and dod not check properly! I will alter it now

Ivy said...

Sorry I'm late hope Lucy had a great birthday and you survived the party. Yes WW is right it's terrible if there is no school uniform. How often have I wished the would introduce them to our schools as well .

Suffolkmum said...

Belated happy birthday to Lucy! That sounds like a nice school rule!

Milkmaid said...

What a great rule from school, I must suggest it at my son's school, I think it would only work at a primary
Glad Lucy is enjoying her singing, for heavens sake don't let her go on X Factor, dreadful show

DJ Kirkby said...

Hope the party went well. I love the idea of kids being able to wear their own clothes to school for their birthday.

Posie said...

Happy Birthday Lucy, you'll get hours of entertainmet with her birthday present, happy singing! Hope the party goes really well. Posie x