Monday 27 August 2007

Good News in duplicate!


Some of you asked to be informed how I got on at hospital and also how ,my Dad got on too getting his biopsy results for his lungs.Well, for me, all is going well, the Consultant is pleased with my progress and feels my temporary boob is now settled enough to put me forward for the exchange operation, however, there is a bit of a wait, he thinks it will be towards the end of the year, so November or Decemeber. There's no urgency. The Breast Care Nurse is so lovely and we had a good chat , I mentioned going to spain and wondered if my magnet in boob might upset the security at the airport but she said it should be fine! I do hope so, can you imagine the scene as I walk through the security gate and the bleeper goes off and I have to show them my boob!!And I've just had a phone call from my dad and his biopsy was clear , no cancer! Such a relief! I was convinced it would be bad news, so was he. He still has a very serious lung disorder from Asbestos, but while it keeps clear of cancer he should go on for a few more years. So wonderful to hear such good news. Thanks be to God.


Happy Weekend everyone!We've got a houseful, Our friends Tom and Mandy are coming to stay with their 4 children, so lots of beds to make! Better get on!


Monday : Been a busy but good weekend- and hasn't the weather been beautiful!

Saturday was Lucy's horse riding , at which we discovered that the Riding school is going to close down. No more saturday lessons after 20 October. What a pity! Lucy was just getting into it and I know we will struggle to get another riding school, it took 18 months on waiting list to get into this one. What's the answer? Buy a pony!! If only!

Saturday evening saw us at friend's for a wonderful evening of BBQ, wine and laughter.

Sunday one of Stan's mate's came over and we went to the local Steam Fair. It was a very good day and I was very good and didn't buy too much, just some Holly Hock plants , a Day Lily plant and some Sun glasses for Lucy! Ready for Spain.


I've done most of the packing, not taking much, just vest tops and shorts and a few skirts for evenings. I've got plenty of suntan cream, but must get some stuff for insect bites.

Spain here we come!

10 comments:

Casdok said...

So pleased to hear your good news! As i proberly contributed to your state of health! Which i sincerly apologise - we didnt mean it!!!!
You are one of the few professionals who in our experience was excellent and always positive. And as you know we have had a lot of experience!!!
Happy holiday.
You deserve it.
xx

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

So glad that are surrounded with good news and lovely people.

Have a wonderful break and we will see you when you get back.

Homework is, of course - what I did on my holidays.

Blossomcottage said...

Have a great time and look forward to your return and more news and we all expect a good report on the holiday, I hate it when you get straight back to school and there are exams!!
Love Blossom

muddyboots said...

good news! have a great time on holiday, enjoy!

Kathleen said...

i'm envying you your sun...It's been gray and damp here for almost 4 months straight! congratulations to your father for his clear biopsy! Have fun in the sun!

Tattieweasle said...

Bask in the sun and enjoy and if you get this on your return hope you had a fab one!

Anonymous said...

Terrific news, I am delighted for you. Keep well, and have a brilliant holiday, you deserve it.

Posie said...

What lovely happy blogs, am so pleased your dad is in the clear, and that things are going so well with you too. Photos look fab. I was sorry to hear about your flooding, but you sound so positive and up beat.
Lovely to catch up.

CAMILLA said...

So sorry I missed you before you went to Spain Muddie, my apologies. I am so pleased about the good news of your Father, and that you are doing very well also.

Look forward to speaking with you on your return for your hols.

Camilla.xx

DJ Kirkby said...

Okay...why do you have a magnet in your boob? have got to keep reading till I find out now. So glad your dad's news was good and that you are off on a lovely hols.