Thursday 16 February 2012

A Year has passed since I last wrote a post....


This is the scary thing, a whole year has gone by in a blink of an eye and I haven't had time to write a blog. I used to really enjoy doing my blogs, but somehow, life, Face book and twitter have taken over and longer, more meaningful comments have not happened.
The friend I wrote the letter to last year is with us no more, she passed away in November after struggling a very long time with her alcohol addiction, she was a lovely person but the drink ruined her. It was a bitter sweet death, many of us so relieved that she would suffer no more but that still doesn't prevent us feeling the loss.
But many good things have happened too. I have a new grandson and he is beautiful, it's such a joy having the young family living with us, we get to share all the ups and downs of having young children again, without the full responsibility.
It's also nearly 5 years since I was diagnosed with Breast cancer and had my mastectomy, that day 5 years ago when I received that news seems like it happened to another person. I am one of the fortunate ones, I'm still here and God Willing the Consultant will give the the All Clear in May when I next see him, though how I will cope without my 6 monthly checkups I do not know. The reaasurance is good but also the build up to the check up not knowing what they may find and he will probably say to stop taking the Tamoxifen which has also been part of my life for 5 years, I'm quite nervous about stopping the medication, again it gives me reassurance.

4 comments:

Kitty said...

He is such a gorgeous boy, you must be so very proud.

Norma Murray said...

What alovely baby - also I have sent you a PM - or will do as soon as I get off here.

Faith said...

A year flies by doesnt it, but what a scrumptious baby he is!

CAMILLA said...

Dear Muddie,

It is ages since I have blogged, time does just fly.

Aw bless, what a gorgeous Grandson, a lovely bonny baby, fabulous picture Muddie.

I shall hold you in my thoughts and prayers for this coming May Muddie, so hope all goes well for you.

Love Camilla.xx