Friday 12 September 2008

Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening

We've just had a massive thunder storm. It's been threatening it all day.
It started to rumble as I was out with the dogs, so I scurried along in order to get home before the rain started........Just made it, then the heavens opened and it was pelting down with rain. "Raining cats and dogs" I wonder where that term comes from. I must find out.

My cat was not impressed I had just let him out after sleeping indoors all day. He hates the dogs so has to be shut in one of the bedrooms. when my daughter came home from school she let him out, there's a terrible caffuffle as dogs realsie cat is on the move. I quickly took the dogs out and then Lucy let the cat out . Hence cat being out once thunder storm started. I could see him hiding under the garden table. None to impressed, but not keen to come back indoors!

It's eased off now and feels very chilly.
Won't be long before we'll need to light the log burner, can't afford to use the gas boiler, or so my hubby says ( I'll have it on when he's not here) Do you know he's made me turn the hot water off so I can't have a bath when i like, have to plan ahead or shower.Shower is fine in warm months but I love to bathe in the evening to warm up to go to bed. How will I cope? It's going to be a long cold winter with lots of hot water bottles I guess.........or maybe I should trade my old hubby in for a new model that is happier to be warm!!

2 comments:

Frances said...

Oh Elaine, I see lots of strategy in your future. Hot/warm water is always a wonderful treat or necessity. As this apartment building continues to go through its renovation, I cannot always rely on the notices from management, pushed under my door, to be truly eloquent on the supply of such water temps.

Everytime that I read about your home dating to the 1600's, I just have to stop.

It really does amaze me, and encourage me to think that such a building might still be giving life to continuing generations.

xo

CAMILLA said...

Hi Elaine,

Lots of rain in month of August too, but this week has been quite lovely.

My Daisy Boo loathes cats apparantly her previous owner says, but we always used to have cats and dogs too.

We have the woodburner alight most days now Elaine too, HL only puts central heating on if it's very very cold, but the cost of oil is so expensive. Remember as a child always having hot water bottles to keep warm in bed, all snug.

Ah, Stan would miss your cosy toes Elaine.

xx