Sunday 18 November 2007

The room looking more like home again


















Well, we're nearly there, I keep saying that, yet another week has gone by and I still cannot totally get the room back to normal, because the other tradesman has not come back to put the skirting on. He said he would come Saturday but then he forgot! So he has promised to be here monday at 8am............... I wait and see. X fingers.
If you look closely you will see Stan's chair, it is covered with a dark red throw. It's an old leather recliner and it has seen better days, the laether is all damaged and torn, but he won't let me get rid of it, but it really lets the room down! It will look even worse when I get my new leather corner unit, but he is adamanant it has to stay!! Pity me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That colour is just beautiful. You have made it look so warm and homely. Well done you!

Crystal xx

Withy Brook said...

What a lovely homely room. I do so hope that he comes. Will keep my fingers crossed too.

Norma Murray said...

I just so love that floor and the colour is so vibrant. I bet you are really pleased with it. I'm getting a bit jealous!

Sam Fox said...

Look at that gorgeous colour on the walls, Muddy, and the rug just sets it off beautifully. Bet you can't wait!

CAMILLA said...

Looks really cosy Muddie, such a lovely room. Fingers crossed for skirting boards on Monday early Muddie.

Camilla.xx

mountainear said...

It's looking great, really coming together.

Hope your skirting board man is there - right now.

Inthemud said...

Skirting board man DID NOT come, he rang saying he was on his way, then I went to work , when I got back ...........NOTHING.........he hadn't come, I rang , he eventually texted back, "Sorry, had a problem, be with you 8am tomorrow"............He better be